Cummins KTA19-G2 Diesel Engine for Generator Set
6 Cylinders, in Line
Turbocharged & Aftercooled
24V, Electric Start
Direct Injection Pump
Yes you can.A diesel generator has a diesel engine - that’s why its called a diesel generator. BUT diesel lubricating oil has a flushing agent - sort of like a soap, to keep the carbon build up under control. Some modern day oils are dual fuel capable, some only for all turbo aspirated engines some definitely not good for turbos.However, in a pinch, any good multi-grade oil can be used.
Often, it is the same engine on a car or a diesel generator. Depends on the size of the generator of course, could also be a truck engine. Deutz diesel is used in a lot of places with the same engine, tractor, truck, generator, forest machine.
Find the engine number, go on internet, you will find the specifications and recommended oil. Usually the latest diesel oil should be good with viscosities 15w40. If it is used in hot place use instead 20W50.
No. Diesel generator has it appropriative engine oil.
1. Different types of brands, different generator manufacturers, new and old oils should be avoided to use together as much as possible. The following oils are absolutely prohibited from mixing.
(1) Military special oils and special oils cannot be mixed with other oils.
(2) Oils with anti-emulsification requirements shall not be mixed with oils without anti-emulsification requirements.
(3) Anti-ammonia turbine oil must not be mixed with other turbine oils.
(4) Zn-containing anti-wear hydraulic oil cannot be mixed with anti-silver hydraulic oil.
(5) Gear oil cannot be mixed with worm gear oil.
2. The following situations can be mixed:
(1) The same quality of similar products of the same manufacturer.
(2) The same manufacturer of the same brand of different brands.
(3) Different types of oils, if they know that the mixed components do not contain additives.
(4) Different types of oils have been mixed and tested without abnormal phenomena and obvious performance changes.
3. The types of additives added to the internal combustion engine oil are large and the performance is different. The mixing problem of oils that do not understand the performance must be cautious. In order to avoid adverse consequences or even power plant lubrication accidents.